Kelly's Vegan February

I started out a meat eater. Then I became vegetarian.

Now I'm Vegan. For the month of February, at least.

This is a record of 28 days of living
a Vegan Lifestyle
for my 28 Day Challenge
at Whole Foods Market Columbus Circle.

The struggles, the successes, the food!

Let's do this like it should be DONE.


Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 26: Feb 26

And I'm back in NYC. Just like that.

What a tremendous week.  Today, we had a little graduation from our Engine 2 Immersion Program and as I walked up to the stage, Rip said "Can I just tell you?  I LOVE the way you dance!  It's like this crazy sexy Austin Powers THING.  It's awesome." 

Sigh. Rip.  Everyone falls in love with that guy a little bit.

I told my story of the tree with the muscular plant strong arm after I accepted my diploma because we could get a minute of time to say anything we wanted about our experience.  I got roaring applause.

There's always something so inherently satisfying when I talk in front of an audience and tell a story.  Like my true self is being expressed.  When everyone gets it, I'm proud.  And I also said that I was grateful for this week because I was placed BACK in my body with the exercise.  And I felt strong and capable.  And I did.  I do. 

My next plan of attack is to wake up tomorrow morning, go to the gym (until I find an affordable yoga studio or something of the like), go grocery shopping,  and cook.  I'm just going to do what I have to do in order to have no gap between the program and my life.  And it's gonna be a struggle.  But I think it's gonna be fun, too.

Before we left, Rip gave us all 28 Day Challenge Journals, to record our food and the like.  Because he wanted us to start a 28 Day Challenge tomorrow, when we got home, for ourselves.

I will be finishing this one on Monday. 

Then I will start my next 28 Day Challenge.  And after that, another 28 Day Challenge.  And after that, another 28 Day Challenge.  Until my life is full of 28 Day Challenges and I am someone who is living a life that is not only challenging, but fulfilling.

That's the deal.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're back safe and sound. Sorry about the snow. Ha
    I would have loved to see you dance, now I'm going to have to watch Austin Powers.
    You do have a wonderful way with words and I'm sure people were entranced when you were speaking. Congratuations and good luck on the next 28 day challenge, proud of you. love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Kelly. It's your rebirth. Shake your booty!

    Alon & I bought the Engine 2 Diet book yesterday. Gonna start my 28 day challenge *soon*. Thanks for the information and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete