Kelly's Vegan February

I started out a meat eater. Then I became vegetarian.

Now I'm Vegan. For the month of February, at least.

This is a record of 28 days of living
a Vegan Lifestyle
for my 28 Day Challenge
at Whole Foods Market Columbus Circle.

The struggles, the successes, the food!

Let's do this like it should be DONE.


Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 24: Feb 24

Okay, there's a disco dance party in a little bit that I must attend (yes really) so this will be brief.

I went to yoga again today. It was...better!  Much better!  Some of the stretches I learned were very helpful with current soreness and we went over a couple that I was actually kinda GOOD at!  So, this is a small success. I'm going tomorrow, too.

Next:  my stomach is shrinking.  My jeans are too big.  My fat roll is getting smaller.  I find myself sucking in my tummy a lot lately.  And finding that there's a bit of muscle there.  Not that I built any this week but that it's coming through now that the fat is decreasing.  Not sure I'll lose any weight this week, but man, I'm feeling good.  My appetite is smaller, too.  I'm sticking with cereal and fruit for breakfast.  That seems to sustain me throughout the day.

Next,  we learned all about oils today.  Olive oil.  You know? That heart healthy one?  The one that's all over the tv and grocery store and marketed as a super food?  Guess what?  It's still terrible for you.


Ha.


Some things I've learned this week have been huge AHA moments. And some have been huge DUH moments.  And some have been somewhere in between.  It's like everything I'm learning is at once obvious and a surprise.  Almost like I learned them once upon a time and forgot them.  Or like I missed that day in class. But really, no one is taught this stuff.  And that's on purpose.


Lastly, the black bean burger was bad tonight. I was not a fan.  But I think, I THINK, they might have fed us light and low cal today because the blood tests are tomorrow.  Ehhhh that might be a LITTLE bit conspiratorial of me, but it would also make sense.  I still love that cereal though.  And greens.  I am getting addicted to them.


Off to the disco dance party now!!!

1 comment:

  1. Kelly, when you talk about them not cooking with any oils, what is the preferred alternative? If anything?

    Hope you had fun at the disco. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete