Kelly's Vegan February

I started out a meat eater. Then I became vegetarian.

Now I'm Vegan. For the month of February, at least.

This is a record of 28 days of living
a Vegan Lifestyle
for my 28 Day Challenge
at Whole Foods Market Columbus Circle.

The struggles, the successes, the food!

Let's do this like it should be DONE.


Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 25: Feb 25

This was my last full day at the Engine 2 Immersion at Travassa in Austin, Texas.

I'm a little sad.  But I'm ready. 

And tonight, I'm tired.  Good tired.  I had actually already shut off the lights and then remembered that I hadn't blogged and took out my laptop.  So, here's a short one.  This morning, we got weighed, blood pressure-ized, and got blood drawn.  I lost 4 lbs, my blood pressure went down, and I'm betting my blood work's gonna say great things.  It was a great start to the day. Needless to say.  Before that, I had a great yoga class, too (!) where I successfully did the sitting lotus position, or whatever it's called.  Pam said "I'm very impressed!" when she saw me do that!  I loved the praise.  Ha.  I'm gonna go again tomorrow.  Whoda thunk.

It's been such an emotional, exciting, informational week.  So many thoughts and feelings are running through my head right now.  I am full of hope and there's bits of doubts, but I'm certain I'm going to take what I've learned here and just fly with it.  I'm plant strong.  For now, hopefully, forever.  But forever is just one day at a time right now. :)

One more thing.  Tonight, I went for a walk along the Mesa Trail before dinner.  It's a beautiful walk thru the woods.  A little hilly but not too bad, and just quiet and pleasant.  The shadows were so lovely that time of day.  I was just walking along when I came upon a tree. A big old tree.  With a huge horizontal branch that, well, looked like an arm.  With a bicep.  A big strong muscular arm reaching out into the canyon below.  And I thought: PLANT STRONG!!!!  And get this, I immediately started crying, overcome with emotion (though I know most will read this and think wow, that's cheesy, or boy, she's gone nuts).  I was just so happy to be where I was and who I was with and with what I'd accomplished this week.  I said Thank You. Out loud. To the universe.  To Travassa.  To Rip Esselstyn and his family.  To Whole Foods.  I felt healthy and well and in control of my body.  And my destiny. Literally on a plant strong path.  I'm seriously now on my way. 

3 comments:

  1. WOW! I cried...... love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool. Sounds like you were wilderness therapy-ized as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin: Going On HIkes With Plant Strong Kids is my new major! :)

    ReplyDelete